Time for a Quickie?: Hall of Famery Edition
In keeping with my motto of <3'ing being Insufferable, I'm proud to announce that I've been. . .wait for it. . .banned! From a feminist blog! Nooooes! D-:
Allow me to come clean about my crimes:
- Pointing out flaws with the whole “you broke feminism” deal going on here (no credit goes to me for that phrase, btw, you can find it here).
– Not thinking it’s awesome for dudes to mansplain to people or make sexist comments
– Not thinking it’s cool (or at all legitimate) for people to spread rape apologist misinformation
– “Derailing” a thread about Julian Assange with not letting said rape apologism go unaddressed. How that’s derailing when the entire feminist blogosphere is up in arms about that going on in conjunction with everything Assange related, well, that’ll just have to be a question that goes unanswered – sorta like “In what country is ‘sex by surprise’ a legal term?”.
– Calling a spade a spade
– Pompous assholery (lol, welcome to blogs)
So yeah, ladies and gents – Think before you Insufferable, or you just might get a special place in someone’s heart (or blag, whichever). It’s something I’ll gladly take if sheltering rape apologetic misinformation and dudes who use the term “neo-feminist” as if it’s legitimate is the alternative.
And yeah, sometimes I am petty, but just remember that I’m ALWAYS a pompous jackass.
This entry was posted on December 16, 2010 by feministtotherescue. It was filed under Consent/Rape/Sexual Assault, Douchebags, Insufferability, LOLWTFBBQ, Privilege Denying Dudes, Shameless Self Promotion and was tagged with bad feminist!, lmao, rape apologism.